Partial or complete loss of the ability to have an erection or maintain it long enough is called erectile dysfunction. If this problem occurs, the man’s libido decreases.
Such deterioration of sexual life occurs more than once a day after a hard day’s work.
Therefore, do not hastily put a cross on yourself and think that without sex, you can live or look for a new relationship.
Complete erectile dysfunction is rare, and it often occurs in men who have their prostate removed. Therefore, in most cases, there is partial dysfunction.
Only a doctor who collects evidence and complaints of the patient can diagnose «erectile dysfunction.» Proctologists advise to first visit the family doctor, and then to consult a narrow specialist. This specialist may advise you to change your life habits or use specialized drugs such as Viagra from ViaGlad.
Why erectile dysfunction occurs
1. Cardiovascular disease. For the vessels to expand, no nitrogen oxide is needed, as in the case of pressure regulation in other vessels. Therefore, erectile dysfunction is one of the first harbingers of cardiovascular disease.
2. Clinical depression. Depressive disorders in women and men are accompanied by a change in libido and the ability to get excited. The less intense the sex life, the worse the erection becomes and the ability to hold it.
3. Enlarged prostate. The prostate increases with age, but sometimes it significantly affects erection and urination. Erectile dysfunction leads to prostatitis – inflammation of the prostate. Prostate cancer is very rare and develops slowly, but do not ignore the discomfort, and it is worth checking with the urologist.
4. ️ Overweight (body mass index over 25) and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes triples the risk of erectile dysfunction. Poor erection is caused by atherosclerosis and hypertension.
5. Obesity. Fat deposits between the internal organs arise from the aromatase enzyme, which turns testosterone into estrogen and disrupts cholesterol balance. All this worsens the condition of the heart, blood vessels, penis.
6.️ Peyronie’s disease. When the penis is curved due to the longitudinal seal of fibrous tissue, the erection becomes painful and impossible.
7. Multiple sclerosis. In the presence of this disease, peripheral neurons gradually die off, and sensitivity is lost.
8. Chronic kidney disease.
9. Hormonal disorders (hypogonadism, thyroid dysfunction, or excess prolactin due to tumor).
10. ️Injuries of penis, spine, prostate, bladder, or coccyx.
11. ️Removal of bladder tumor.
12. ️Curinna. This habit is an obstacle to the full release of nitric oxide; it is involved in the development of atherosclerosis and diseases of peripheral vessels.
14.️ Lack of physical activity.
This factor is part of other negative factors for erection: overweight, smoking, cardiovascular disease, although it can work as an independent cause.
- Drugs that are taken with hypertension
- Antiandrogens are drugs that neutralize the action of male sex hormones. They are part of prostate cancer therapy.
- Antidepressants are a fairly common cause of erectile dysfunction in healthy middle-aged men. But the good news is that depression can eventually be cured.
- Tranquilizers and prescription sedatives.
- Meds that reduce appetite – that is, those that take in the case of obesity.
- Drugs that treat ulcers (proton pump blockers).
- Psychological factors.
17. ️Lack of sleep. Insufficient sleep increases anxiety, especially with reduced physical activity.
18. ️Fear that there will be no erection, anxiety.
19. ️Feeling guilty for your potency or something else (marriage infidelity, for example).
20. ️Low self-esteem, life crisis, inflated expectations about yourself, or partner.
21. ️Stress due to sexuality or life in general.
Lack of practice. It can occur due to loneliness, bad relationships, or, for example, illness or menopause partners.
So don’t expect a pill or a young wife to solve the problem of erectile dysfunction. It is necessary to eliminate the causes that led to weak erections and prevent their appearance.